Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646

P2P Crash issue while renegotiating

Sharma__Mukesh
Beginner

i was using Intel-CS 4.0 sample android p2p application.

I was trying to re-negotiate between two peers. i disconnected the internet for some time and then again connected the application to internet without switching the fragment. Because i want the resume the call. I tried renegotiating.

one peer is working fine but the other peer is giving error and crashing.

Process: com.intel.webrtc.p2p.sample, PID: 19048

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'void com.intel.webrtc.p2p.RemoteStream.onEnded()' on a null object reference
        at com.intel.webrtc.p2p.P2PPeerConnectionChannel$6.run(P2PPeerConnectionChannel.java:313)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)

The reason is whenever a remote stream is ended we detach which is making all the remote stream as null.

when i try renegotiating, onRemoveStream is called of P2PPeerConnectionChannel where its trying to call remoteStream.onEnded(); 

where remote stream is null.

so i am getting NullPointerException.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sharma__Mukesh
Beginner

Can Anyone explain me the p2p flow 

because sometime the renegotiation is not working

YanbinZ_Intel
Employee

We are already aware of this issue and it will be fixed in next release version.

Thanks

Yanbin