Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Peer Server Cannot GET

Naresh_R_
Beginner

Hi Chunbo,

I Have Installed MCU Server and it is working perfectly with no issues.

Were as Peer server when i configured it and try to open the URL it says Cannot GET..am i missing any configuration, i have not done any changes.

RTSP Issue:

In Mcu Server when i try to open RTSP URL,..the video is getting published which i can see in console but there is no video

is there any extra configuration for RTSP or is there any specific IP cameras will work

I am using Hikvision DVR with H.264 codec and works fine when with VLC with the same URL

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Naresh,

Peer Server is a signaling server, which does not host HTML files. What you need might be the sample P2P Web Application?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Elmer_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Naresh,

What version of Intel CS for WebRTC are you using?  Btw - there is going to be some delay on responses to technical questions this week.

Thanks,

Elmer Amaya

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_
Beginner

Hi Elmer,

We are using 3.0 Version on IntelCS. I have configured MCU and Peer server in single machine and also checked installing peer server in separate machine also it says cannot GET

Also if MCU is Natted with Public IP and we are using Coturn Turn Server as Nat Traversal.

Problem which we are facing is each client is using 4 UDP ports. lets say for a 5 party call turnserver consuming about 30 UDP ports, which is not possible to open so many ports as per security

Do you suggest any turnserverfor IntelCS

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Elmer_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for the information.  I'm discussing this with our technical team and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,

Elmer

0 Kudos
Elmer_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Naresh,

Here is what I got from our eng team -

1. Peer Server is a signaling server and accept socket.io connection. Make sure the signaling server address configured on sample page is replaced with your peer server, please check CS_WebRTC_Client_SDK_JavaScript.v3.0\samples\p2p\peercall.html.
  2. For RTSP issue, please make sure you have followed the Conference Server User Guide to install the Open H.264 library correctly to handle H.264 streams for software-mode MCU.
  3. For TURN server, typically it can work well with any standard TURN server, what we are testing with is the rfc5766-turn-server version 3.2.3.6 from https://code.google.com/p/rfc5766-turn-server/

Let me know if this addresses your issue.

Thanks,

Elmer

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_
Beginner

Hi Elmer,

Thank you for your time

1. I have configured peer server as per the installation instructions also configured the ssl with our certificate. when i run node peerserver.js

it shows me Listening port: 8095/8096

when i opened the same in browser it says cannot GET

How can i check whether peerserver is running or not

2. For RTSP i will reconfigure and check the same.

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Naresh,

Peer Server is a signaling server, which does not host HTML files. What you need might be the sample P2P Web Application?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_
Beginner

Hi Chunbo,

Thank you for your reply, will check the same and let you know.

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Great to hear that from you!

Thanks!

0 Kudos