Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Recorder in v.2.8

Bryan_A_
Beginner

Hello !

My question about recorder... I try recording specific stream in room without mixing and i got error ("Error in start recording:"), when i change mixing in room to enable, try record again and it work.
But i dont need mixing in room, this options for conference and it require more a CPU resources.
I need room for p2p videochat with recording options.
Well, how to get recording in room without mixing ? :)

Thanks in advance for answers

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Bryan,

Are you using the v2.8.1? Please follow the information in our release note:

"3. MCUroomrecording may not always work whenchoosingforward room mode, unless the following workaround is used:

a. Set the value of key config.erizoAgent.maxProcesses in etc/woogeen_config.js to 1.

b. Set the value of key config.erizoAgent.prerunProcesses in etc/woogeen_config.js to 1. "

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Bryan_A_
Beginner

Hi CHUNMO!

Thanks, its work.

Yes, version i am use - 2.8.1.

"a. Set the value of key config.erizoAgent.maxProcesses in etc/woogeen_config.js to 1.
b. Set the value of key config.erizoAgent.prerunProcesses in etc/woogeen_config.js to 1."

I set this options both, and record in unmixing room work, but avr on recording better then defaults options and publish stream to mixing room with option unmix: true

config.erizoAgent.prerunProcesses - equals or lower config.erizoAgent.maxProcesses, ok!

Tests:
config.erizoAgent.prerunProcesses = 1 and config.erizoAgent.maxProcesses = 4, room mixing:false  - got Error again (Error in start recording: error)
config.erizoAgent.prerunProcesses = 1 and config.erizoAgent.maxProcesses = 1, room mixing:false - work, recording one hd1080p stream: 90-100% avr one core
(default) config.erizoAgent.prerunProcesses = 2 and config.erizoAgent.maxProcesses = 13 room mixing:true and publish with opt unmix:true - work, recording one hd1080p stream: 40-50% avr one core.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

OK. Cool. Glad see it work.

0 Kudos
Bryan_A_
Beginner

Hello again!

Next question about audio codec, audio quality in recording and options for recording only audio stream  :)

Audio quality in out record file is bad, example: 1 room, 1 stream - subscribe this stream from web - audio quality is perfect, then in this connection, start recorder on this stream and get file with bad audio quality.
Audio codec info from file record: PCM  U-law
I think, audio codec in web connection: Opus
Where i can choose audio codec in recorder ?

And about option for recorder, record only audio from stream with video and audio ? its possible ?

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Currently, the audio codec in recorder defaults to PCMU, and audio-only recorder is not supported yet as well. But we are continuously working on improving this feature.

Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos