Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Regarding Max Load

Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

As i see max load in each worker node as below

#The max CPU/GPU load under which this worker can take new tasks.
max_load = 0.85 #default: 0.85

what are the parameters we have to input in default and what is the max number we can input, also what happens if a worker exceeds the max load

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Team, 

Any help on above mentioned point.

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Default value setting depends on how much load you want the machine to take. If the worker exceeds the max load, then it will not be treated as available worker.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

I have 2 servers in each audio/video agents installed  each with cluster solution and both max load is set to max_load = 0.20 #default: 0.85Now when i am using basic example application only with one single room only 1 server is getting utilised and that too it crossed the max_load. as you told  he worker exceeds the max load, then it will not be treated as available worker.

here then load should go to next available worker right? please explain how this will workl

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Li_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

New tasks won't be assigned to a worker, if the cpu exceeds the max load.

While the tasks already run on that unavailable worker won't move to other places.

In your case, if one room is active, then there's only one task for audio and video agent.

Even though the task may cause the load exceeds the threshold, it can't be separated.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Thanks,

is it same with forward room also? if many users login to single room only one worker will get utilised even we have many audio/video_agent workers clustered?

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos