Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
1146 Discussions

Request for the suggestion for correct instance types in AWS

Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Team,

Can anybody suggest the correct instance types to deploy MCU, MongoDB, and RabbitMQ servers individually in AWS for production environment?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Chandramouli

I am afraid we can not give you much detailed suggestion on AWS deployment, this depends on your deployment scale and MCU component characteristic. 

For MongoDB and RabbitMQ, they are third-party components for MCU. For instance deployment, please check MongoDB and RabbitMQ manual for details, especially for large scale cluster deployment. You may also get MongoDB or RabbitMQ service from AWS rather than deploy instance on AWS.

For MCU, it also contains several components, Nuve, cluster-manager, webrtc-agent, video-agent, etc. Generally for those components need to communicate with external client or  internal nodes with media streams, it's better to choose the I/O optimized AWS node. For computing capability (CPU/memory) selection, that depends on the system scale and workload, you can turn them by yourself.

Hope those comments can help  you.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Chandramouli

I am afraid we can not give you much detailed suggestion on AWS deployment, this depends on your deployment scale and MCU component characteristic. 

For MongoDB and RabbitMQ, they are third-party components for MCU. For instance deployment, please check MongoDB and RabbitMQ manual for details, especially for large scale cluster deployment. You may also get MongoDB or RabbitMQ service from AWS rather than deploy instance on AWS.

For MCU, it also contains several components, Nuve, cluster-manager, webrtc-agent, video-agent, etc. Generally for those components need to communicate with external client or  internal nodes with media streams, it's better to choose the I/O optimized AWS node. For computing capability (CPU/memory) selection, that depends on the system scale and workload, you can turn them by yourself.

Hope those comments can help  you.

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Lei Zhai,

Thank you very much for your reply and clarified.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos