Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

SFU multiregional cascading

Le__Samuel
Beginner

I want to implement ICS SFU multiregional cascading like in the following image to improve video's quality, is that possible with ICS, and how can I do that, thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 4.06.27 PM.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Li_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If you want to depoly webrtc-agent in different regions, you can edit the "regions" (e.g. regions = [ "somewhere" ] ) in webrtc_agent/agent.toml. On the client side, specify "region" preference "somewhere" when creating token will make the matched-region webrtc-agent be used for a certain user.

If you want to move streams from one SFU to another, the current release does not support that.

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Li,

Thank you for your reply. As you suggested, let us assume that we deploy two "webrtc-agents" in "Asia" and "Europe" regions. Also, User1 is located in "Asia" region, and User2 is located in "Europe" region. When the call is initiated, User1 will connects to "Asia" region "webrtc-agent" and User2 will connects to "Europe" region "webrtc-agent". Now, is it possible to establish the call between these two different "webrtc-agents"? If I understand your answer correctly, It is not possible. Am I correct? Please clarify.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Li_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

For the case `When the call is initiated, User1 will connects to "Asia" region "webrtc-agent" and User2 will connects to "Europe" region "webrtc-agent"`

If User1 and User2 joined the same conference, the call will be established automatically between different webrtc-agents. And the internal connection between webrtc-agents will use TCP by default. So this case is supported.

What I mean is that if there are two different clusters (each has its own cluster-manager), users join different rooms in different clusters can not get streams from other cluster's webrtc-agent directly.

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Hi, Chandramouli

Yes, stream will spread across different webrtc-agents if publish and subscribe is not located in the same agent. Note, currently just 1 level cascading among webrtc-agent is supported. 

Best wishes,

Zhai Lei

0 Kudos
Le__Samuel
Beginner

Thank you guys for the very clear answers

0 Kudos
Chandramouli_P
Beginner

Hello Li and Lei Zhai,

Thank you very much for your time and information.

Best Regards,
Chandramouli.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Team,

So if we not mention region and isp in webrtc/agent.toml and we have multiple webrtc agents connected to single cluster manager does different clients from different region connects to all webrtc agents randomly or based on load it elects the webrtc agent? or its just connects to last used webrtc agent alone?

since right now from above scenario only one webrtc agent is getting utilzed.

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos