Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Screen sharing recording

david_c_1
Beginner

Hi,

I can not record the video stream of desktop sharing.

I get the following error: 

Media recorder failed: 584035089472308700 controller.subscribe failed, reason: streams do not exist or are insufficient.

Are there restrictions on recording a desktop stream?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Please paste or send your detailed log to us.

0 Kudos
david_c_1
Beginner
Woogeen logs do not report any 
errors. I can only record the desktop 
stream in forward mode, but not in 
mixed mode. In the latter case I get 
the mkv file but with a black video 
when I share the desktop.

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Now we only have one hybrid mode, which support both forward and mix stream. Can you describe more on you can't record in mix mode? Screen stream in mix stream or still the forward stream?

0 Kudos
david_c_1
Beginner

Hi,
I've created an hybrid room.

In this room I want to record all streams: each video and screen user stream in forward mode and also the whole mixed stream.

Everything works correctly with the video streams of users: I get an mkv file for each video in forward mode and the mkv mixed stream file. 

Otherwise if I start a screen sharing, I get the right single mkv file of the screen stream in forward mode, but in the mkv mixed stream file, this screen stream is recorded as black region for the entire duration.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Problem is did screen screen entered the mix stream. Did you see screen in mix stream when subscribe mix stream? Not like the video stream, screen stream will not enter mix stream by default.

0 Kudos
david_c_1
Beginner

Thank you for the reply.

Ok, now how can I get the screen stream into the mixed stream if by default this is not allowed?

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Please use mix/unmix to control one stream whether should join mix stream after it's published. Detail refer the latest API guide.

0 Kudos
david_c_1
Beginner
Thanks a lot for the support. Now everything works properly
0 Kudos