Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Stop Sharing Screen - Chrome Browser

emilija_n_1
Beginner

Hi there,

in the basic example, we experience issue with share screen.

After i click share screen it shows stop sharing window from chrome, but when i click on that popup window share screen is not stopped is showing black window and not get in 'stream-removed' event or 'videoDisabled'. 

Is this happening from new updates of chrome ?

Do u know why and what might be causing this issue , and any idea how can resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi emilija,

Which version of Intel CS for WebRTC SDK are you using? Old versions may not work with the latest Chrome.

0 Kudos
emilija_n_1
Beginner

Hi, we are using version 3.2 Update 1. 

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Cannot reproduce this issue. Is there any warning or error in the console?

When you click "Share Screen" button, it shows a screen sharing window picker. Then you can choose to share the entire screen or one of your applications. A bar appears at the bottom of screen during screen sharing. Clicking "Stop Sharing" stops the screen sharing stream.

0 Kudos
emilija_n_1
Beginner

Hi , there is no error in console or warning but happening in our project after click stop sharing is not stops the stream successfully. I find a solution how to handle with this problem but wanted to know if there is problem in basic example. 

Thanks .

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

When you click "Stop Sharing", browser stops the MediaStream. JavaScript SDK (conference mode, v3.2.x) listens on vidoe track's onended event, and unpublish this stream when onended event is fired.

0 Kudos