Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).
1146 Discussions

Transmit Video from One Backend Environment to Another

Shoemate__Robert
Beginner

Hello, I have a few questions about the following scenario.

We want to deploy separate isolated (non-scaling) local IntelCS server environments to our customers. We also want to have our own scalable IntelCS setup in the cloud. Our customers will connect to, and share video via their local IntelCS environments. Optionally, we want them to be able to forward their video feeds from their local backend to our IntelCS cloud server in case they want to share the feed with a wider non-local audience. In doing so, local users would be able to watch on the local feed, and cloud users would be able to watch the cloud feed, at the same time. How can we accomplish such a scenario securely and with the least amount of latency? Also, we would prefer for the backend of the server to split the feed because our primary application and video feed runs on / comes from a mobile device with limited resources.

The obvious answer is to have their local backend create a room on our cloud server, and establish a WebRTC connection to forward the data. Is this even possible? Alternatively, would it be possible to create a room on the cloud server, and route an RTSP feed from the local backend to it? Any suggestions on how to accomplish either of these possible solutions, or is there another technique for doing this that I haven't thought of? Does IntelCS support this out of the box, or can I manually extend it to support it somehow?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shoemate__Robert
Beginner

I've been looking at Licode, upon which IntelCS is based, and noticed they have a function called addExternalInput on their erizoController roomController. In looking at the JavaScript documentation for Woogeen.ConferenceClient, this method does not appear to exist. Is this, perhaps, the missing link I am looking for to accomplish my scenario? As far as I can tell, Woogeen.ConferenceClient only supports adding external outputs.

0 Kudos