Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

[Urgent] All current versions (<4.0.1) do not work in Chrome 69+ !!

Stephen_-_
New Contributor I

I had a shock when I stopped being able to broadcast my webcam on my website using version 3.5.2 .

I am still making the upgrade to version 4.0.1, so I checked on version 4.0 and the same problem occurs! I haven't tested 4.0.1 yet but since it was a minor upgrade I assume it is also dysfunctioning.

Chrome Beta (69), and Chrome Canary (70) are both unable to receive streams with intel webrtc (tested on Windows 7 and 10). So far, creating a stream seems to work fine. Here is the error message in the chrome console, with the basic example:

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute 'addTransceiver' on 'RTCPeerConnection': This operation is only supported in 'unified-plan'. 'unified-plan' will become the default behavior in the future, but it is currently experimental. To try it out, construct the RTCPeerConnection with sdpSemantics:'unified-plan' present in the RTCConfiguration argument. at https://192.168.1.106:3004/original/scripts/ics.js:9:27900 ;

It seems Google Chrome is switching to a "unified-plan" way of signalling (or something?) by the next version of Chrome Stable, which is likely due out in early September!

Does anyone know any easy fixes for version 3.5.2 and 4.0.1 ? Is the intel webrtc team aware of this and will push an update soon? I assume the update will only be available for 4.0 + correct? I am a little worried as well over 90% of my users use Chrome.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Mark_d_10
Beginner

I can confirm that version 4.0.1 also not working.

0 Kudos
Stephen_-_
New Contributor I

I'm starting to get worried by the lack of response so far. I need some information on whether this is going to be fixed in time for Chrome's release.

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Stephen and Mark,

Thanks for reporting this issue. It seems that "addTransceiver" is not longer available in "Plan B". We're working on a fix for this.

0 Kudos
Narayanan__Vishnu

Hello Jianjun,

It would be really great, if you could let us know when we can expect the fix.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Narayanan,

A patch for 4.0.x has been developed to fix this issue. QA is validating this change. We hope it could be rolled out no later than the end of next week.

0 Kudos
david_c_1
Beginner

Hi,

we use version 3.4, how can we solve the problem?

thanks

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

We don't have a plan to develop a patch release for 3.x so far. But we are considering to provide a workaround for 3.x in the near future. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Stephen_-_
New Contributor I

I appreciate your work. I'm very quickly trying to messily upgrade my site to 4.0 in anticipation for the patch!

Currently Chrome 69 is scheduled to be released on September the 4th, which is very soon!

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Stephen,

We released 4.0.2 last week. This issue should be fixed.

0 Kudos
Polyakov__Vladislav

Any news about a patch for 3.x?

0 Kudos
Jianjun_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, Polyakov,

Please take a look at the workaround here. https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-collaboration-suite-for-webrtc/topic/785544

0 Kudos