Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Version 2.8 , screen sharing

Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

Hi,

I had this issue for weeks and was able to do a workaround.  As a workaround, you get your own chrome extension id from the sample "screen-sharing-chrome-extension" example they gave in the files. Change woogeen.sdk.js under basic_example with your own extension id. 

I think the error is in below code. When it goes through the try { chrome.runtime.sendMessage...} it exits the whole if statement because of the error "Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Cannot read property 'streamId' of undefined". It should tell me that I don't have extension installed or something reasonable" Please help. Thank you

if (b.video && "screen" === b.video.device) {
                    var o = b.video.extensionId || "ndnodmfimngipdamcjglclkbaofcajaa";             
                    i.audio = !1;
                    try {
                        chrome.runtime.sendMessage(o, {
                            getStream: !0
                        }, function(a) {
                            return void 0 === a ? void("function" == typeof d && d({
                                code: 1103,
                                msg: "screen sharing plugin inaccessible"
                            })) : (i.video.mandatory.chromeMediaSource = "desktop", i.video.mandatory.chromeMediaSourceId = a.streamId, void l.apply(navigator, [i, m, n]))
                        })
                    } catch (p)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I ran it in chrome console:

INFO: stream in conference: 562dd8feed0dcfe60aa426bf
INFO: subscribing: 562dd8feed0dcfe60aa426bf
INFO: user in conference: Object {name: "user", role: "presenter", id: "x3FkZvaCy-97VFF9AAAB", permissions: Object}
ERROR: share screen failed: Object {code: 1103, msg: "screen sharing plugin inaccessible"}
INFO: subscribed: 562dd8feed0dcfe60aa426bf

regards

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

Our company is currently using WebRTC solution,

does anyone can help to answer questions?

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Guangming,

Have you downloaded and tried the extension we provided in Chrome Web Store with the name of "WebRTC Desktop Sharing Extension"?

My understanding is that you want a more friendly message for the non-installed extension?

0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

Hi Chunbo,

I'm sorry, my English is poor。

I have downloaded and try Chrome Web Stroe "WebRTC Desktop Sharing Extension" you provide the name of the extension。

But still there is an error::  screen sharing plugin inaccessible。

console:

INFO: stream in conference: 562dd8feed0dcfe60aa426bf
woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: subscribing: 562dd8feed0dcfe60aa426bf
woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: user in conference: Object {name: "user", role: "presenter", id: "ivKECfsZOZixDIxwAAAC", permissions: Object}
woogeen.sdk.js:8 ERROR: share screen failed: Object {code: 1103, msg: "screen sharing plugin inaccessible"}
woogeen.sdk.js:8 INFO: subscribed: 562dd8feed0dcfe60aa426bf

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee
No worries. It's OK. Regarding this screen sharing issue, could you give me the full path of your URL which is used by your client connecting to the MCU server? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

OK. Please try the URL with machine's host name, instead of IP address, which should solve your problem.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

You can use the "nslookup" command to find your host URL

0 Kudos
Kalikinkar_D_
Beginner

Hi Chunbo,

I am trying to share screen using Intel CS WebRTC. I have following queries regarding this

1. You have mentioned the extension  "WebRTC Desktop Sharing Extension" previously.  Is it this ? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webrtc-desktop-sharing/nkemblooioekjnpfekmjhpgkackcajhg?hl=en else please send me the Intel extension link.

2. Whether extension from chrome store is enough or we have to do any configuration also in server?

3. If we make our own extension, is it must to provide domain instead of IP? For testing purpose, can we use IP anyhow?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Kalikinkar,

The correct extension link is https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webrtc-desktop-sharing-ex/pndohhifhheefbpeljcmnhnkphepimhe.

In order to use screen sharing, you also need to enable SSL. And, currently the domain is required.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

Hi Chunbo,

I use the domain name is still the same result,Why is this?My chrome version is 45.0.2454.85 (64 - bit)。

Please help me,thank you!

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Guangming,

Please also upload the log files from the server.

Another question is that how did you setup the webrtc.com on the server? Does the server have multiple IP addresses?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

Hi Chunbo,

Where is the server log file?
Webrtc.com domain is the domain name to local area network (LAN),By modifying the hosts file

the server is a IP。

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

The log files are in your logs folder where you install our package.

Regarding the domain name, could you send us the host configuration file you used?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

I don't know how to upload files,,Below is the logs and hosts package links。

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1dDRzUUl

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

OK. I think the problem might be in the extension we provide which is a sample. The solution is actually there in the client SDK doc: Intel_CS_WebRTC_User_Document.v2.8\CS_WebRTC_Client_SDK_User_Guide.v2.8\js\index.html,

"

Screen sharing extension

We provide source code of a Chrome screen sharing extension sample. Developers should edit manifest.json and publish it to Chrome App Store to make it work for their products. After your extension is published, you will get an extension ID. This ID will be used when create screen sharing stream.

Note: End users need to install your extension and visit your site with https if they want to use screen sharing.

"

0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

What you said is the screenshots below?I have tried.
I'm very sorry hold up you so long time.You test the screen sharing is successful?

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Sure, we've tested on our side. And also, customers have been enabled with screen sharing as well...

Yes, it seems to be the right thing. But, have you enabled the SSL on MCU server?

0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

What you said is woogeen_config. Js the SSL = true?I didn't before, now I enabled. Screenshots are as follows:

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

There are several SSL variables in the configuration file. Could you tell me which one(s) you enabled?

0 Kudos
Li__Guangming
New Contributor I

config.nuve.ssl = true;

config.erizoController.ssl = true;

0 Kudos