Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

Which ports are used?

Somnus_Chen
Beginner

Hello,

Which ports are used in MCU3.1.1,  in addition to 3000/3001/3004/5672/8080.

I want to add them into my firewall-list.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Usually webrtc peer connection will use large UDP port to establish peer connection. If configured the minport/maxport of access_agent/agent.toml where runs webrtc-agent, then the port will be in this range.

Keep in mind that, the above UDP port range is just for MCU external communication with clients. For internal MCU cluster media flow across different agent nodes, which will use random port of TCP connection, make sure the TCP ports are open for internal erthernet or ip configured in [cluster] section.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Somnus_Chen
Beginner

Should I just configure access_agent/agent.toml、video_agent/agent.toml and audio_agent/agent.toml, by changing the "minport" and "maxport"?

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Usually webrtc peer connection will use large UDP port to establish peer connection. If configured the minport/maxport of access_agent/agent.toml where runs webrtc-agent, then the port will be in this range.

Keep in mind that, the above UDP port range is just for MCU external communication with clients. For internal MCU cluster media flow across different agent nodes, which will use random port of TCP connection, make sure the TCP ports are open for internal erthernet or ip configured in [cluster] section.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

What will be the ports required for client connecting to MCU, we are using nginx as a proxy which will redirect all 3004,3000,3001,8095,8080 to 443

Thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

Nuve Management: 3000

Portal Signaling: 8080

Basic Sample: 3001/3004

WebRTC PeerConnection: all big UDP ports > 10000 or minport and maxport range if you configured

Most of the above port settings are configurable.

0 Kudos
Naresh_R_1
New Contributor I

Hi Lei,

At Server:

1. Lets say we have configured MCU server and opened all the required ports and redirected to 443 using nginx and set min and max UDP Ports >10000 and opened the same in firewall and also configured ICE servers on 443 port on public network where all relay ports are opened

Is there any connections limits if i only opened >10000 UDP ports

At Client:

Client sitting behind NAT and strict firewall where only 443 UDP and TCP is opened, we can maximum open 4 ports of UDP from the same range, is there will any connection limits if more users are logged in from the same network

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

I think it's enough.

0 Kudos