Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

the peer server can be used as turn/stun server ?

fengyee_y_
Beginner

in the document of "Server User Guide", there is words in chapter 5.1:

The peer server is the default signaling server of the Intel CS for WebRTC. The peer server provides the ability to exchange WebRTC signaling messages over Socket.IO between different clients, as well as provides chat room management.

my question is: could the peer server also be used as turn/stun server when in my usage the client is behind NAT or firework?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Those are two different things. Peer server is mainly a signaling server. Regarding TURN/STUN server, it's for the NAT traversal...

0 Kudos
fengyee_y_
Beginner

Hi CHUNBO H. thank you for your reply, after read some introductions about signaling and TURN/STUN, i know the difference now. then did Intel WebRTC have the TURN/STUN solutions?

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

We provide the whole suite for free with TURN/STUN settings, but no constant TURN/STUN server provided. I suggest you setup your own TURN/STUN server according to RFC5766.

0 Kudos
fengyee_y_
Beginner

Hi CHUBO H.

in the sample files Intel provided, in file peercallff.html, there is codes shows below:

var serverAddress = 'http://61.152.239.56:8095/';  // Please change it to signaling server's address.
  var p2p=new Woogeen.PeerClient({
    iceServers : [ {
      urls : ["turn:61.152.239.56:4478?transport=udp","turn:61.152.239.56:443?transport=udp","turn:61.152.239.56:4478?transport=tcp","turn:61.152.239.56:443?transport=tcp"],
      credential : "master",
      username : "woogeen"
    }, {
      urls : "stun:61.152.239.56"
    } ]
  });  // Initialize a Peer object

so we should install Intel Peer Server together with  TURN/STUN server  RFC5766 in the same machine, change the ip address in the codes above, then can we use both signaling and TURN/STUN, am i right?

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

STUN/TRUN server and PeerServer can be deployed in the same machine or different machines.

0 Kudos
fengyee_y_
Beginner

Hi CHUNBO H.  i am reading the TurnServer documents you have mentioned, and will do the set up and have a try. thank you for your comments and helps.

0 Kudos
Chunbo_H_Intel1
Employee

Great to hear that!

0 Kudos