Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

user-left issue

Aydin_A_
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using intel cs for webrtc v3.5 conference and found an user-left issue on the web client SDK.

When "A" user joined the room and when "B" user joined the same room, if "A" user is left the room (close browser window for example) then user-left event not triggered on "B" user side.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Aydin, we cannot reproduce this issue, could you answer following questions to provide more info:

1. User A and User B are both in what browser (firefox, chrome safari or ie?) what's the browser version

2. What's the detailed scenario? If adding a third user to room, will it received user-left event?

0 Kudos
Aydin_A_
Beginner

Thanks for reply.

1. Both users browser is Google Chrome 62.0.3202.94 and OS is macOS High Sierra 10.13.1
2. Here is the detailed scenario:

Let's say a user joined the room. This user is "first user in the room" and we called "A". And then another user joined the room and this user is "second user in the room" and we called "B".
When "A" closed his browser window then "user-left" event not fired on the "B" side. I inspect websocket messages on the "B" side. "42["participant",{"action":"leave","data":"******"}]" message received from the portal. But "user-left" not fired by the SDK.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Did you successfully received user-left event before? You just used default 3.5 release package SDK? How do you listen user-left event, here is an example:

client.addEventListener("user-left", function (evt) {...});

0 Kudos
Aydin_A_
Beginner

I'm not sure this issue was happened before.

We using angular 4 for web client and here is the listen code:

this.client = window['Woogeen'].ConferenceClient.create({ iceServers: iceServers });
this.client.on('user-left', event => this.onUserLeft(event));

When "B" left the room, user-left triggered on the "A" side. But when "A" left the room, user-left not triggered on the "B" side.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

Aydin, generally our sdk should work well but we did not test it with angular 4, currently our sdk are fully tested on mainstream browsers. Please double check your code

0 Kudos
Aydin_A_
Beginner

I'm created javascript project for testing intel mcu. You can test this scenario with this project. Issue still happening.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

We will try to reproduce this issue, stay tuned

0 Kudos
Aydin_A_
Beginner

Any updates?

0 Kudos
Aydin_A_
Beginner

I found why this is happening. When B user joining the room, conferenceClient.participans = [] but for A user conferenceClient.participants = [["B user id": ...]. Participants array empty for second, third or after joined users. Maybe this info help to solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Qiujiao_W_Intel
Employee

A new version 3.5.2 has been released with fix of this bug, please have a try.

0 Kudos