Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC
Community support and discussions on the Intel® Collaboration Suite for WebRTC (Intel® CS for WebRTC).

what is the different between hybrid and p2p

bruces_c_
Beginner

v3.1

find in mcu room manager

0 Kudos
9 Replies
bruces_c_
Beginner

how to use p2p room

Is there anyone who can answer it ?

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

p2p room means the all streams connections will be built between the participants, and usually called mesh network.

hybrid is both forward and mix modes, forward mean published streams will go through MCU and can be subscribed by others, mix mode means MCU will mix participants published streams, the new generated mixed stream can also be subscribed.

p2p room is now deprecated and no longer supported, so not suggest to use.

0 Kudos
bruces_c_
Beginner

Thank you for patience back.

another question

when i use MCU mix mode, sif resolution .i found on server side the bandwidth is about 330 Kbps for each user. is there another resolution (except  sif,vga,hd720p... in userguide or roommanager ,like qsif ) or method to reduce the server side bandwidth.

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

The smallest mix stream resolution we provide is around sif or cif, otherwise we think there is no necessity to do mixing. For bandwidth saving, we will provide setting in coming 3.3 release, the smallest bitrate option for sif is around 200kbps. Is that OK to you?

0 Kudos
bruces_c_
Beginner

thank you

when will 3.3 be released?

in my scenario,the smaller the better. may be 100kbps

0 Kudos
shiva_s_
Beginner

Hi Sir,

can you please explain me the difference between MCU & P2P

thanks & regards

shiva shankar

0 Kudos
shiva_s_
Beginner

why RabbitMQ used in MCU

0 Kudos
shiva_s_
Beginner

hi

is there anyone.

0 Kudos
Lei_Z_Intel1
Employee

@Bruces, v3.3 will be officially online around later January. For mix stream, the smallest video bit rate will be sif around 200kbps, otherwise we think that doesn't need mixing.

@Shiva, please see the description in white paper about p2p and MCU difference https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/collaboration-suite-for-webrtc, RabbitMQ is used as event bus for MCU internal components communication.

0 Kudos