04-25-2019 02:48 PM
- I have bought the following Intel compute stick: Intel Compute Stick STK1AW32SC - stick - Atom x5 Z8300 1.44 GHz - 2 GB - 32
- I am trying to re-purpose this into an IoT edge device as it is powerful, light and compact.
- I have installed Alpine Linux since it is light and secure - It is OS of choice for embedded devices. So the host Windows 10 is gone.
- Because of such basic setup, I have to manually use Bluetooth using bluez libraries.
- I am Following the popular bluetooth programming in C by MIT: https://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/c404.html
- But the problem with #5 is that I am getting lot of sockets error. Is there a linux bluetooth driver that intel releases for compute stick which I can invoke programmatically using C or Python?
04-29-2019 08:03 PM
I am not sure about Arch but I discovered that Ubuntu 19.04 with its 5.0 kernel supports Bluetooth natively now on the STCK1A8LFC.
I posted about it here.
Possibly you could try updating your kernel to 5.0 or using 19.04 Xubuntu or Lubuntu.