Intel® Compute Stick
Support for Intel® Compute Sticks and Cards
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

520 Discussions

Can't connect to internet - Ubuntu

PRavi3
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I bought the Intel Comute Stick, and as I only need it for basic uses, I bought the Ubuntu version with 1gb RAM and 8gb flash.

Now after a while I was abe to set up the device, and it displays me it's connected to mz home wifi, but when trzing to reach a website, it can't connect to the Internet.

But there seems to be some kind of connection, as it's still possible to make searches via apps which have been pre-installed.

My guess would be, as the wifi adapter inside the stick isquite bad, maybe the connection is not strong enough?

But still I think a driver update could help here, but Intel doesn't provide any drivers for Ubuntu, do zou guys know what can be done here?

Appreciate any help!

There also is a issue with the Intel Ticket Szstem, as I canno open anz Tickets, not via MS Edge, IE, FF or Chrome.

Best regards,

Piri

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Miguel_C_Old
Employee

Hi Piri,

The internet connection of the first Intel® Compute Stick generation is slower than nowadays laptops and phones. A BIOS update might improve the performance. The latest versions available in the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86613/Intel-Compute-Stick-STCK1A8LFC Downloads for Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC

Regards,

Miguel C