Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Can we upgrade Windows 8.1 to Pro version

We are interested in using these stick in our business but we need to be able to join a Windows domain.

Therefore can we upgrade the Windows 8.1 home license to a Pro version ?

kind regards

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi I've just upgraded our business sticks from Home to Pro.

Get an upgrade key for Win 8.1 and then use the Add features function of Windows to upgrade from home to Pro. Works well and can connect to a domain nicely :-)

I'm about to take the next step and going to to try and get Win 10 pro on the stick!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

This takes about 5 hours by the way on a fresh stick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I have been trying to upgrade this for a while.... keep getting an error. Code is good, accepts the code, then after a bit tells me the famous line "Something Went Wrong" ( But not what... just SOMETHING)...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello wired4net,

The Intel Compute Stick STCK1A32FC supports the following Operating Systems:

• Windows* 10 Home

• Windows 10 Pro

• Windows 10 Enterprise

• Windows 10 Education

• Windows 8.1 Retail • Windows 8.1 Pro

• Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

Installation of any of the above operating systems will require a wired USB mouse and keyboard along with a USB flash drive or USB optical drive. The USB flash drive or USB optical drive will need the operating system installation media.

Regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hello cstambaugh,

Could you please post a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I actually got it worked out. The Message was just "Something went wrong".. I was able to get the stick to upgrade and have been testing the networking capabilities, and management capabilities remotely, and from the domain controllers.

0 Kudos