Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Electricity Blackout during Reset of Operating System (Windows 10)

Hello,

It is about 1A32WFC stick. I bought it with Windows 8 operating system. I have done the upgrade in summer 2016.

Unfortunately, I was facing WLAN troubles. I have upgraded the firmware to latest version (23.1.2017), also the network driver and the graphics driver.

The WLAN connectivity problem still existed, so I decided to reset the stick.

It took quite a while until the recovery started, the circle showed 10% recovery and the bottom line showed 16% driver installation.

Then I had an electrical failure, black out. After electricity was back, the stick started but tells me, that the recovery was not finished and has to be restarted.

By pressing OK, hitting ESC, or pressing the "X", the stick reboots and I am stuck in this loop.

When I am hitting F8 during boot sequence, it tells me that there is no bootable control system available, I should use an USB stick to boot.

What now? How can I get the computer to reinstall?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello radhuber72,

In regard to your concern, could you please try to complete a BIOS recovery for your Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC. At the following link, you will be able to find the steps on how to do it:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005902.html BIOS Recovery Instructions for Intel® Compute Stick

Also, if it is possible, please try to complete a BIOS update if is required. You can find the downloads for the BIOS at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86612/Intel-Compute-Stick-STCK1A32WFC Downloads for Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC

Please let me know how it goes in order to further assist you if required.

Best regards,

Angie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello radhuber72,

I was reviewing this thread and I was wondering if the information provided helped to solve the issue with your device.

Please don't hesitate in replying to this thread if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello, no the proposed solution did not work. The bios recovery did not find any recovery information. It seems, that this was lost during the Win10 update.

I downloaded a Windows10 USB bootable version and did a USB boot. Then I reinstalled Windows 10 and logged in with my microsoft account. MS noticed that I had a registered version and re-licensed the stick. System is up again.

However, one question remains. How can I generate a BIOS recovery, so that I can run it in the future?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello radhuber72,

I am glad to know the system is up and running.

In regards to BIOS recovery on your Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A32WFC, what is available is the F7 BIOS Update.

Please click http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000006039.html here for instructions.

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos