Beginner

Error on my Intel stick

I get this error on my computer stick , and can not do annything

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @JGust2​ 

1. You may prepare Installation Media USB, using Microsoft Media Creation Tool : https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209 . Download this utility to your PC (with Windows 10 O.S), insert an USB stick (8GB at least), and run this utility to create bootable Installation Media for Windows 10. Booting from this USB (press F10 after Power ON your Intel Compute Stick to enter into Boot Menu), will enable to enter into Windows 10 Advanced Menu and try to repair your O.S.
  2. Another way to enter the Advanced Menu, is to power on your Compute Stick and just while Windows tries to boot, disconnecting the power. Do this three times. On the fourth attempt to Power On, do not disconnect the power cable and Windows will boot into Advanced Menu.

leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

sorry i have Windows 8.1 does your link work anyway ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Sry my english :P

but i have tired a USB stick whit Windows 8.1 and Windows 7

but my PC stick dose not found the USB stick

thax for helping

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

the PC stick dose not find the USB stick when i press F10

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @JGust2​ 

1. Sorry, my link is for Windows 10 only.
  2. If you have Windows 8.1 installed, you should use USB with Windows 8.1 only.
  3. After powering you Compute Stick ON, you should see Intel logo. Press repeatedly F10 and it should boot into Boot Menu. I Once you see the Boot Menu, move cursor to the line with your USB stick. You probably need to connect a keyboard also in order to be able choose this line.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Windows 8.1 you can download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8ISO

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hello @JGust2​ 

1. Your USB doesn't appears in the boot menu because probably is not bootable. You may verify this, trying to boot from it in your PC.
  2. You may also boot automatically from bootable USB. Enter Bios settings (press F2 during boot) and in Boot section, change the Boot priority -set USB as the first boot media. Press f10 confirmed by "Y", to set settings and exit bios.
  3. You may also try to enter into Windows recovery environment. Press F8 when you see F2, F7, F8, F10 Menu. In this environment you may try to fix Windows.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JGust2, Were you able to follow the steps recommended on this thread? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos