Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwood26
Beginner

I have intel stick but but have an HDMI cable to my projector. I have brought the usb to HMDI convertor but I don't think that works - I would connect the stick in to the projector but I also need it attached to my TV. as we use it as a screen at my gym.

any workarounds to get my projector going?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Please explain yourself better.

...S

cwood26
Beginner

I have my projector high up on the roof. My intel stick is in the TV I use at the bottom. I would like to put my stick connected up in to the projector but how would i turn it on all the time as Ill need a ladder to get up there - can i leave it in the TV hdmi and then run a chord from the intel stick up to the projector somehow?

AlHill
Super User

Also, the intel stick provides HDMI output. If your projector takes HDMI input, then what is the problem?

Doc

cwood26
Beginner

I have my projector high up on the roof. My intel stick is in the TV I use at the bottom. I would like to put my stick connected up in to the projector but how would i turn it on all the time as Ill need a ladder to get up there - can i leave it in the TV hdmi and then run a chord from the intel stick up to the projector somehow?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Here are some options:

1. Leave Compute Stick running all the time. Just make sure that, in BIOS Setup, the fan is in the always-on mode and you should be good to go.
  2. Use HDMI cable down from projector. Connect Compute Stick to Common port of a HDMI A-B switch. The 'A' port would then be connected to the local TV and the 'B' port would be connected using this cable from the projector. The only bugaboo with this solution is if this HDMI cable is too long (causing connection issues or video degradation). In that case, you could look at an HDMI extender (but this may make Option C cheaper).
  3. Do #1 with one Compute Stick and get a second Compute Stick for the TV.

...S