Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SReck
Novice

I have made the eMMC-32-204073 firmware update (Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC), now the stick doesn't boot from the internal drive (a bootable device has not been detected). Things I have already done: Bios update (41) Load bios defaults

15 Replies
JBens3
Beginner

​Same here!  I'll be opening a case with Intel as soon as they're open today, and I'd better not get any "out of warranty" BS from them.

I'll post whatever information I get. Thanks for starting this thread -- sorry for your trouble, but it'll be helpful to be able to report that mine is not an isolated case.

Jacques.

JBens3
Beginner

​I've opened a case. They'll get back to me. Asked me to try updating BIOS in the meantime (I'm at 38, going to 41), even though it didn't help in the OP's case.

SReck
Novice

I have updated the bios. I have now the the version 41, but it didn't solve the problem.

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello everybody, Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. The Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC has Windows® 10 pre-installed; at the time of updating the eMMC Firmware Update Tool did you make sure to install the eMMC-32-204073.zip version of the driver? Reference link: Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC specifications: https://ark.intel.com/products/91065/Intel-Compute-Stick-STK1AW32SC Download center link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28516/eMMC-Firmware-Update-Tool Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SReck
Novice

Hi Leonardo,

I definitely installed the right version.

Regards,

Sebastian

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SReck Thank you for the information. Were having an issue on the Intel® Compute Stick that requires the update of the eMMC Firmware Update or what was the reason to complete the update? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JBens3
Beginner

​An amusing aspect of this question is that the only change that was listed for this firmware update was a fix for the inability to start Windows, yet the update had to be run *in* Windows, so anybody actually having that issue would not have been able to apply the fix in the first place.  It is therefore understandable that those of us who saw the update become available assumed it was to *avoid* the issue occurring.

SReck
Novice

Hi Leonardo,

There were no particular reason for the update. I made it to become up to date and to avoid future problems.

Regards

Sebastian

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello SReck Thank you for all the information, allow me to investigate the case, I will be posting back as soon as information becomes available. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Patricia_S_Intel
Employee

Hello SReck, Is the eMMC storage detected in the BIOS? Regards, Pat S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JBens3
Beginner

​I'll answer that one: No, there is no drive detected in the BIOS.

Glad to see that at least the eMMC firmware update has been removed from the download site (or, to be precise, it's still there (now 64-bit only), but it is no longer listed as applicable to any Compute Stick, only to certain NUCs).

SReck
Novice

Right, the eMMC-drive is not detected in bios. 

Ronny_G_Intel

Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience caused, the eMMC firmware update has been removed from the web for further testing. Please contact Intel Customer Support at https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@5 (make sure you select the correct region) so that we can help you find a solution for this issue. Regards, Ronny G
Ronny_G_Intel

Forgot to mention: please contact us via Phone or Chat for expedite resolution
NHWAN
Beginner

Hello SReck,

I had same problem with you at S.korea.

I waiting new imformation about this problem.

Did you solved?

Thanks