Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKenn7
Beginner

I have purchased my first 50 Intel Compute Sticks, (I require 210) and have had 5 fail out of the Box? Is this an acceptable failure rate? Is there something I can do to recover the Stick?

Blue light comes on, however, immediately on Monitor says "No Video Input" then "Entering sleep mode".

Then nothing. 

Is there something I can do? I would flash the BIOS except I can't obviously because it goes straight to sleep mode?

I'm now nervous about rolling out the 210 if this is the failure rate!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

When they are sitting like this, hold the power button in until you see the blue LED go out. Wait a moment and then press the power button again. It should come up then.

Hope this helps,

...S

RKenn7
Beginner

No, same problem. I suspect I have 5 DOA,

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Which Compute Stick model(s) are we talking about?

RKenn7
Beginner

Product Code: BOXSTK1AW32SC

cheers

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello RKenn7 Thank you for the information Try the steps provided on the following link. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000016715/mini-pcs/intel-compute-sticks.htm.... Bear in mind that if the units were purchase on less than 30 day those can be returned to the point of sale. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello RKenn7 Have you tried the steps provided? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello RKenn7 I haven’t heard back from you, I am going to close this request If you have more questions please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation