Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ESabl
Beginner

ICS 1A32WFCL model. It came with WIN10 pre-installed. Windows Update stuck.

Have the ICS with Logitech K400 keyboard and Anker Hub & Ethernet dongle. Installed the ICS and completed the Windows 10 setup. After that, I performed a couple of windows updates and rebooted a few times. On the last windows update it goes to 20%, the a Windows UPGRADE window pops up. I can't complete the "upgrade" because there's not enough disk space remaining. I installed a 64G mSD card and still can't get past this point. Why is wanting to "UPGRADE" ? I already have WIN10 installed. In the update history, It shows "Windows 10, Ver 1511, 10586" update failed. Do I need this ?

I see other posters have noted 10586 version as bricking the ICS. Is that true?

Everything works fine, other than the windows update failure, Do I need to get this updated loaded ? Will the other updates for Defender, etc still work ?

So far the ICS does what I was looking for Stream Videos from websites, youtube, etc.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello @DA_MAXX,

I would recommend to stay with the current version of Windows® 10 that you have installed. Now, when it comes to the Windows 10 1511 version, there has been some issues reported, here you can get more information about this issues .

If your current version works I would recommend to leave it until there is more information about the new Windows 10 version.

Regards,

Amy.

EPick1
Novice

if you haven't done so yet, use the Microsoft provided tool (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 ) and it will let you "hide" the 1511, 10586 update. then all other updates will work normally.

MAllo
Novice

Great finding there NetHolio. I will try it first thing. It seems that Microsoft (silently) confirms the problem with the latest major update of Windows 10.

ESabl
Beginner

Ok finally got the update to work. Again ICS came with W10 preinstalled. I reset the ICS via F8 and wiped everything to original. I updated the BIOS to 0031. Installed the 2 new drivers for Wireless and Bluetooth (12/7) for WIN 10. I then did a disk cleanup and wiped system files. Rebooted, then ran windows update which worked. My winver is "Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.29). The ICS is working great. I believe my problem was with the BIOS. I just the ICS at the end of Nov. It was built Aug 2015. The Bios was 0025.