cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drosi13
Beginner

Intel Compute Stick AP mode and Connectify

Hello,

I am looking to run Connectify on an Intel compute stick and am wondering if the built-in wifi card supports it. It needs to be able to run in AP (access point) mode but saw that some people that attempted to run this program on this specific wifi card chipset ran into some issues. Also, does the compute stick need to be plugged into a monitor to work? As I mentioned, I am looking to set it up with Connectify only on this device and as a result, after I set it up I want to remove the monitor to have a cleaner setup. Thank you all in advance! Regards,

~Drosi13

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Which Compute Stick?

drosi13
Beginner

I was looking at getting the BOXSTCK1A32WFC model.

Tags (1)
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The FC ICS doesn't need to be connected to a monitor to work. I just unplugged mine, powered on and then accessed it using Remote Desktop Connection, so there's full end-to-end support. As for Connectify, I have never tried it. I personally think that you would have better luck with an STK1AW32SC,  STK2m3W64CC or STK2mV64CC ICS, as they have Intel wireless solutions.

...S

drosi13
Beginner

I might buy one without native network capabilities and then simply buy a USB wifi dongle. Thank you for your help! Regards,

Danilo