cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IvanH
Beginner

Intel Stick PXE BOOT

Hello,

is it possible to boot to the Intel stick via PXE? It's a preferred way in our company and we would really like to avoid installing via USB stick. I have tried two different Ethernet to USB adapters but none are recognized as a boot device.

I have noticed that by pressing F12 after start it tries "Booting from network now", even though this button is not even mentioned in the manual. It fails at "No boot device" message. What is the point of this boot option then?

I tried checking the internet, some people faced the same issue booting to PXE but nobody seemed to make it work.

I am using the Intel Compute Stick stk2m364cc.

Thank you,

Ivan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello IvanH,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

The Compute Stick can support this using a very specific USB to Ethernet adapter. The adapter must be using an ASIX AX88179 LAN chip solution.

Also, attached you can find steps on how to set it up.

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello IvanH,

Were you able to check my last post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

David V

IvanH
Beginner

The below email is classified: Internal Hello David, Yes, your solution worked. Thank you so much for quick the reply! Kind regards, Ivan
David_V_Intel
Employee

Hello IvanH,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm really glad to know my suggestion worked. I will proceed to close this request, do not hesitate to contact us back and submit a new question if you need more assistance. 

David V

juniel_katarn
Beginner

Will this also work with model STCK1A32WFC?