Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Korean Media Player Center installed on System Restore

I just did a System Restore on my Intel Compute Stick and was surprised when I booted into the Windows 8.1 environment for the first time, I see 2 Korean Media Player folders on the desktop. This is rather alarming given this is a Intel product, that I bought in the US market.

Does anyone know if there is a safe way to remove these, is there anything else I need to be aware that has snuck onto my computer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi SDTJ,

I recommend you to "Reset" the compute stick. Restart the stick and keep tapping F8, from the pop-up select "Reset". This option will empty the stick (erase any personal file and application).

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I did reset the device, and that is why I'm posting here, because this was installed when i first started up the Intel Compute Stick last year when I purchased it. I have since reset the OS twice, and it keeps showing up. In another post on this site, I have spent the last month working to finally get this product to upgrade to Windows 10, and it finally upgrades, and here again is the Korea Media Player.

Do you know if the Intel Compute Stick ever meant to ship a product with this installed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi InfoSysLib,

I am glad your system is working properly and thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos