cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

No chance to install windows 10 on STK1AW32SC

Jump to solution

I bought the stick (SN: GESC737009N7) from a friend with no os installed. I updated the bios to the newest version. Then I prepared a usb stick with rufus to install windows 10 32-bit. On another stick i copied all new drivers i found. After the windows installation follows a restart. If i leave the stick in, a new installation starts. Without the stick, i get the message "A bootable device has not been detected". Bios settings are default.

Please help me to get windows installed. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Novice

Finally i had success to create a windows 10 32-bit boot stick with my macbook. The Stick works great after several updates of windows 10 and after installing all drivers for the stick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello davidorian,

Thank you for posting.

Try a different ISO file from: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/how-to-download-official-... How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO files Using Media Creation - Microsoft Community, Perform a Clean Install: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install-insiderplat_pc/how-t... How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Try using a different thumb drive this time.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thank you for your help.

I will try it tomorrow. I first installed a windows 10 64bit version with the media creation tool. As i upgraded the bios windows crashed. After that i could not prepare two different usb sticks with the media creation tool because every time an error occurs. So i tried rufus. With rufus i can prepare both sticks but the windows installation is not possible.

I use a MacBook with Parallels to prepare the stick. I have no windows pc (because of the problem like now).

Can i prepare also a micro sd card with windows to install it?

My alternative solution: I ordered yesterday a new stick. Can i copy the windows to my existing stick and how? If i connect my macbook and the stick via micro usb i cannot read the hard disc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

This Intel® Compute Stick model only supports Windows 10 Home 32-bit. You can check this here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005899/mini-pcs/intel-compute-sticks.htm... Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Compute Sticks

A Micro SD will not work as bootable device.

The best thing is to start the process again, create the bootable device from scratch.

Amy C

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I cannot create a boot stick with the media creation tool 1803. Every time with two different sticks (8 and 32gb) i get shortly before finishing the error 0x80004005 - 0xa001a. With a boot stick created with rufus i cannot do a clean install? Rufus works fine. Then i have to ask a friend to create a stick with the media creation tool or is it generally not working because version 1809 was withdrawn?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

This is a very easy task. Take your usb stick and go to a PC. Not a mac, not linux, but just a PC. Get the windows 10 install setup on your stick as per the instructions here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Download Windows 10

You want the 32-bit version of windows 10 version 1803. Do not think about 1809.

Do not use any other place or tool to get the windows 10 install media made.

Do not use rufus or any other tool.

Then, go to your compute stick, insert the usb stick, and boot it. This is like installing windows on any pc.

Have a wired keyboard in one usb port, the usb stick in the other. If you want to add a wired mouse, get a four port usb hub and plug it into the compute stick, then plug the mouse and keyboard into the hub.

When doing the install, choose custom, and delete any and all partitions that may exist.

This is a very easy task. You should have NO PROBLEMS.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

And, I have to ask. Do you know for certain that your friend sold you a GOOD stick?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Finally i had success to create a windows 10 32-bit boot stick with my macbook. The Stick works great after several updates of windows 10 and after installing all drivers for the stick.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos