cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

No ports in device manager

Jump to solution

I'm running Windows 10 on a STK1A32SC. I have a USB serial converter hooked up, and I'm tying to communicate through PuTTy. I need to identify the COM port of the device. In the device manager, the Ports & LPT are not listed. I have tried "Show hidden devices," but still nothing showed up. The device is listed under USB Controllers as "USB Serial Converter." Its location is listed as Port_# 0003.Hub_# 0001. I'm looking for a COM number (COM1, COM2,COM3, etc.). Any idea how to get the device manager to list the Port & LPT?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Tristan,

From Device Manager, open the properties for the "USB Serial Converter" device. If this driver supports the capability for emulating it as a COM port, there will be a tab that allows you to specify which COM port to emulate. You may need a different/custom driver for this particular device in order to accomplish this.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Tristan,

From Device Manager, open the properties for the "USB Serial Converter" device. If this driver supports the capability for emulating it as a COM port, there will be a tab that allows you to specify which COM port to emulate. You may need a different/custom driver for this particular device in order to accomplish this.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

That did the trick. Thanks!