Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RGarc55
Beginner

Problem with old laptop intel classmate (Inves noobi Junior), It is locked asking for an unlock code

Hello. Long ago I bought 2 laptops for my children. The model is inves noobi junior, but I think that is exactly the same as de Intel Classmate.

Well, they used it without problems, but as they got older, they quit using them. But now, they are starting to use office and other tools in school, and I thought that I could try to install a new operating system in this laptops so they can continue using them for their school works.

So I took one, and install windows 10, everything went fine, but in the first reboot after the installation, I get a screen that says that "the computer boot certificate has expired" and is asking me for a code to unlock it.

I have seen in the internet that this kind of laptops were used in schools, but I bought them directly from the manufacturer and they never told me anything about the locking system or anything about the need for a code to unlock it, or boot limits, or things like that. It seems that I need the administrator to give me an unlocking code, I guess that this was made in the schools to prevent the Pc´s from being stolen....

So please, tell me that I can go on using these PC´s, apart from the batteries that are dead, the machines still work fine and they are so great product, I don´t want them to be abandoned....

Summarizing, I need the code to unlock the PC´s so I can still go on using them.

I attach 2 pictures, one of the model and the other with the screen I get. If I enter Bios and change the date, I am able to boot it, but after windows refreshes the date, the PC does not boot, unless I change the date again in the BIOS.

Best regards and thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is not an Intel product. You will need to contact Inves regarding this unlock code.

...S

RGarc55
Beginner

I know, _i have already tried with Inves, but They could not help me, because now they no longer build PC´s. And this Inves I am almost sure that is the same machine as Intel Classmate, so I assumte that if there is a solution for this problem in an intel clasmate, the same one should work for my inves.... Couldn´t you just think that they are intel classmates, please?. I beg you to help me as if it was an intle, pleaseee...

Best regards and thank you for your answer.

AlHill
Super User

Sorry, there is nothing that can be done here.

Doc

RGarc55
Beginner

Sniffff... so you tell me that even if it was an intel classmate, there is no solution?, noboady has teh app to generate the codes I need to unlock them?.

AlHill
Super User

It is not an Intel product. If Inves did not keep records, or cannot help you, there is nothing that can be done.

Doc

RGarc55
Beginner

OK, I understand, but if it was an Intel?, you know that is the exact same thing... the solution is just generate the code to unlock them, I am sure that the app to unlock intel classmate will work for these... sorry to bother you so, but I am desperate, It is a pity to have these pretty machines unusable, grrrr...

Best regards

AlHill
Super User

"but if it was an Intel?"

But, it is not.

Time to move on from this discussion.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

Also, let us assume, for sake of discussion, that the products were the same or similar. If your inves device were stolen, how would you feel if the thief were to go to Intel and get an unlock code? It just does not work that way. It is an Inves device, and they "may" be able to help. It is their device, they have information on it - not Intel. Handing out unlock codes, as you would like to have done, is not a very good practice, is it?

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The Classmate PC was a reference design that Intel developed for its World Ahead Program. Intel never built any Classmate PCs (other than a few prototypes). The reference design was used by a large number of OEMs worldwide - sometimes multiple per country - to develop their own branded Classmate PC products that could compete with the Children's Machine (XO) coming out of the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) initiative. Intel had no control over the unique features that a particular OEM's design(s) might include - and certainly was not involved in the inclusion of a date bomb in their BIOS (IMHO a horrible scumbag feature).

Bottom line, if Inves cannot (or will not) help you with this date bomb, as far as I know there is no one here who can. Since turning the clock back seems to defeat the feature (a pretty broken implementation, IYAM), you can always set the date to the beginning of the acceptable range and then configure Windows to not automatically update the date and time. That's ugly but would work.

...S