Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBake10
Beginner

SD Card not working with stk2m3w64cc

I cannot get my Sandisk Extreme Pro microSDXC UHS-I card A2 128GB to work with my stk2m3w64cc compute stick

On device manager I can see a yellow warning triangle against the SD Storage Class Controller (underneath Storage Controllers).

When I look at the properties under device status it says "This device cannot start (code 10)"

I have tried uninstalling driver and installing but this is not succesful

Also troubleshooting does not fix the problem

I am running what I believe are the latest chipset and BIOS versions

Chipset 10.1.1.45

BIOS CCSKLm30.86A.0058.2018.0727.1102 27/07/2018

I have checked the SD card on my laptop (using windows 10 i7) and it works fine here.

I would very much appreciate your support.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello CBake10 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. The Intel® Compute Stick stk2m3w64cc supports 128GB but not all microSD cards are validated to work and some SD card may not be compatible. There is a huge number of microSD cards and Intel® will not be able to validate all to determine which one is compatible and which on is not. The Windows installed in compute sticks is light weight in consideration of the embedded storage and most of the drivers came from Microsoft. Intel Download Center also has no specific driver offered for the card reader. Visit the Intel® Product Compatibility Tool (http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?activeModule=Intel%C2%AE%20Compute%20Stick#) to check the validated accessories for Intel® Compute Stick stk2m3w64cc. Have you test other SD cards on the Intel® Compute stick? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
CBake10
Beginner

Thanks @LeoC_Intel​ for your advice

I do not have any other SD cards to test and do not want to lose any more money buying SD cards that will not work. My last purchase I cannot send back as to open I needed to cut open the packaging, so cannot get a refund.

Looking at the webpage where compatible validated accessories are listed, the SD cards (at least for sandisk) are either not available in the UK (e.g. SDSQUNI-256G-AN6MA) or products that are no longer available at reasonable prices becasue they have been supeerceeded by newer versions (e.g. SDSDQUAN-128G-G4A which is 2014 model has been superceeded by SDSQUAR-128G-GN6MA)

Would it please be possible to test either of: SDSQXCY-128G-GN6MA (this is the one I bought), or SDSQUAR-128G-GN6MA or SDSQUNI-256G-GN6MA?

Many thanks for your help

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello CBake10 Allow me to share with you that we will not be able to test the SD models that you have advise, nevertheless you can wait for the community peer to report the outcome of their testing with SD card, you can also try testing a different SD card to rule out any malfunction with the Intel® Compute Stick stk2m3w64cc port. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello CBake10 Following up on the case I would like to let you know that we have contacted SanDisk and they would like you to contact them directly to see if they can help: They work from 8 AM to 7 PM PST https://kb.sandisk.com/app/utils/chat Please let us know. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello CBake10 Have you been able to contact SANDISK? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
CBake10
Beginner

Hi @LeoC_Intel​ 

Thank you for your help on this. I contacted Sandisk last week and they have told me that SDSQUNI-256G-AN6MA (as listed as validated on the M3 compute stick) and SDSQUNI-256G-GN6MA are the same product. The difference you see in the last part of the product SKU is a logistical determination of origin. Aslong as the first two parts of the SKU are the same this is the same product.

And I can confirm that I have just bought and tested that SDSQUNI-256G-GN6MA works on the M3 compute stick.

Thank you for your help and advice!

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello CBake10 Thank you for the update, I am glad to hear the Intel® compute stick and the Sandisk SD card are working fine. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation