I have a problem with time and data at bios and I decided update bios to latest version via UEFI Shell according to your manual https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030811/mini-pcs/intel-compute-sticks.htm... but I got problem: every time when I run flash-procedure I have error "Capsule update failure. Unable to query system capabilities"
When I choose at bios OS Windows 8.1/10 I have another problem "Image type x64 is not supported by this IA32 Shell"
Can you send me working version of flasher or bios? What keys uses to flash all BIOS blocks (like /p /b /n /k or -f)?
Another topic about date and time https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490T9ISAU/stck1a32wfc-timedate-lost?language=en_US
Hi @ANTIBIOTIK86 ,
Please update your Bios using F7 method:
- Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 with Bios file FC0038.bio https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28070/BIOS-Update-FCBYT10H-86A-?product=86612 . Format your USB with Quick Format option unchecked. Do not format your USB in MAC (OS) or Linux machine. Use Windows.
- Insert the USB with FC0038.bio file into USB slot on your Stick.
- Power ON your Stick and while you see the F2, F7, F10 menu, press F7 to enter the BIOS Flash Update tool.
- Select the USB device from the media list and press Enter.
- Select the FC0038.BIO file and press Enter.
- Confirm you want to update the BIOS by pressing Enter.
- Wait 2–5 minutes for the update to complete an restart the computer.
Hi LWAKSMAN ! Bios was updated yesterday via "BIOS Flash Update tool" but it`s wrong way for updating and did not solve the problem with time/data
Because some blocks and regions can`t be update via "BIOS Flash Update tool" and I have some problems after updating procedure, after I decided update BIOS via EFI Shell
- In this case let's try update bios using bios recovery method (which is the most thorough update) https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005902/mini-pcs/intel-compute-sticks.htm...
- Use the same FC0038.bio bios file stored on USB. Instead of pressing F7 key, press F4 key and the recovery should start.
- Once the recovery is completed, shut the computer OFF (long press on Power Button) and remove the Power Cord.
- Reconnect the Power Adapter and restart your computer.
- Enter bios and set bios setting to default. Press F9 (Y) and F10 (Y).
In this case try Bios Recovery from the Power Button Menu https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005902/mini-pcs/intel-compute-sticks.htm... . In order to boot into Power Button Menu, press and hold the Power Button. Count 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004 and release the power Button. The Compute Stick should boot into Power button Menu.
Latest 0038 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ru/download/28070?product=86612 - was installed via bios flash tool, but if I use bios flash tool I can update only main block, I can`t update others blocks via this method
- Bios can't be updated any more on this Compute Stick?
- Bios can't be recover neither?
- If the answer for para.1 and 2. is positive, you need also update the Technical Product Specification. BTW, this is the first computer I now, that in case of Bios corruption it can't be recovered any more.
- This lack of capability to update/recover Bios is specific for this model only or same situation for all/other Compute Stick?