cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
APavl9
Beginner

STK1AW32SC Wifi on Windows 10 IoT

Jump to solution

So I have a STK1AW32SC, got it yesterday. Manufactured, 6/2017. It has a Intel AC 7265 Wifi/Bluetooth adapter. The stick boots up with the Windows 10 IoT MBM image, but has no Wifi or Bluetooth.

Going down the rabbit hole, it's obvious it doesn't have drivers for that chipset.

So I keep going down the rabbit hole and learn how to make and sign driver CAB containing the Intel 32-bit x86 Windows 10 drivers for this card. I install this on the device.

Now, Windows knows what the device is, as it shows up with a proper name in devcon, but fails on driver load with an error 39.

Any ideas? I see people having problems with normal boring Windows 10, but IoT is a different beast.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello XPav,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, Intel did not validate this operating system with this specific Intel® Compute stick; you can see the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005899.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Compute Stick

Now, if somebody else has been able to install this operating system without problem they are free to share with us how they make the Windows 10 IoT work properly on this Intel® Compute stick.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello XPav,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, Intel did not validate this operating system with this specific Intel® Compute stick; you can see the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005899.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Compute Stick

Now, if somebody else has been able to install this operating system without problem they are free to share with us how they make the Windows 10 IoT work properly on this Intel® Compute stick.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

View solution in original post

APavl9
Beginner

According to your Intel website, there are no Intel Compute Sticks that are supported on Windows 10 IoT Core.

According to Microsoft, Windows IoT Core 10 is supported on the "Compute Stick" with no mention of which model.

Do you actually support IoT Core on any models?

idata
Community Manager

I'm sorry that I didn't mention that before, yes the Intel® Compute stick STK1A32SC, the STK2MV64CC and STK2M364CC supports Windows 10 IoT Enterprise.

You can see that information here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005899.html Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Compute Stick

Best regards,

Ivan U.

APavl9
Beginner

Is Windows 10 IoT Core supported, or just Windows 10 IoT Enterprise?

idata
Community Manager

Intel only validated the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise with Microsoft and you can try Windows 10 IoT Core if you already have the unit but since Intel does not validate it we cannot guarantee that it will work. You can try it if you already have the unit.

Ivan U.

MSliw1
Beginner

The question is does Intel plan on supporting Windows IoT Core on Cherry Trail or not? Should be a simple yes or no so we can plan accordingly. https://embedded.communities.intel.com/message/20826# 20826 Where is the Cherry Trail BSP/drivers for Windo... |Embedded Community

XPav did you get the WiFi working?

I can't believe Microsoft puts it up as supported for IoT Core and Wi-Fi does not work.

APavl9
Beginner

I did not get it working. I made a driver package with inf2cab using the Intel wireless drivers, it then detected the NIC, but the drivers failed to load.

I then rummaged through my box of parts and found another wifi adapter that worked. It's about the same size as the stick and looks ridiculous.

idata
Community Manager

Hello XPav,

Thank you for the answer provided for this matter.

I am glad to hear you found a workaround by using an external WiFi adapter with the system.

In case you face further questions, feel free to contact us back.

Thank you,

Esteban C