Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

The fan in my Compute Stick with Windows 8.1 never turns on.

Jump to solution

I've never heard the fan turn on and it's completely quiet when I place it next to my ear. The device gets quite hot to the touch and often shuts off while I'm doing light web browsing. I suspect it's overheating. Is there a fix, or should it be returned? Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

HI wrockey,

The fan would turn on when the stick gets hot enough and it is very quiet, which make is very difficult to know when it's on. The fan may not spin if it is connected to a USB port that does not provide enough power, if this is the case, just use the power supply that goes directly to the wall socket. If it still continues to shutdown, then you should to have it replaced.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

HI wrockey,

The fan would turn on when the stick gets hot enough and it is very quiet, which make is very difficult to know when it's on. The fan may not spin if it is connected to a USB port that does not provide enough power, if this is the case, just use the power supply that goes directly to the wall socket. If it still continues to shutdown, then you should to have it replaced.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks, I will see if I continue to have the problem using the included power supply.

0 Kudos