Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

The sound stopped working on my STK2M3W64CC compute stick.

I tried the "Trouble Shooting" thing in Windows 10 and the uninstall driver process to no avail.

So what I would like to try is to physically delete the driver files and replace them with a newly downloaded files if you think that would help.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What version of Windows 10 are you running? 1809? Lower?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

And what is the version number for the Intel HD Graphics driver package that you have installed? Again, need package version, not driver version.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

It is running Version 1809 OS Build 10.0.17763.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I got the report from the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and I do not see that listed anywhere.

Could you tell me where to find it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Right-click on Windows Start button and select Apps and Features. Look for entry for Intel Graphics Driver package. Selecting this entry should list the version number.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

​In the Apps and Features, all I have listed is the Intel Graphics Driver, no package or HD graphics listing. The driver is the same as the listing in the Device Manager, 25.20.100.6519 dated 3/5/19. So, is that a problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No, it is not a problem, per se, but,

1. There was a new BIOS, version 59, released March 5th. If you haven't already, you should install this update.
  2. There is a newer graphics driver available that you could download and try (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28731/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=88354).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

OK, thank you, I will get the new BIOS and look into installing that new graphics driver.

As to the sound problem, it just started working again. I had not figured out anything to do to fix it, it just started working again on its own. It stopped working after a Win10 update and I think just the restarting, shutting down and starting up again finally let it complete the update. The sound driver is M701d-A3/A3R High Definition Audio Driver.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

My sound problem just went away, it started working again on its own. I had not figured out anything to do to fix it, it just started working again on its own. It stopped working after a Win10 update and I think just the restarting, shutting down and starting up again finally let it complete the update. The sound driver is M701d-A3/A3R High Definition Audio Driver Version 25.20.100.6519 dated 3/5/19.

0 Kudos