05-03-2017 03:07 AM
Speed connected to my router is always really low? Like caps at 100 KiB/s but if I was to put my phone with hotspot on near my router and connect it to it the speed is significantly different?
I have tried restarting my router, connecting via the 5Ghz connection, changing the selected WiFi channel and even moving closer to the router but nothing seems to change?
Have no idea what to do any help would be appreciated thanks
- Intel® Makers
05-03-2017 12:18 PM
Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.
Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?
- Has it always been really slow, or did it work better before?
- If it worked better before, was there any software update/upgrade recently?
- Do you have the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26540/Compute-Stick-BIOS-Update-FCBYT10H-86A-?product=8661... latest BIOS installed?
- The Intel® Compute Stick STCK1A8LFC is 802.11g/n compliant, therefore; it will perform better on the 2.4 GHz channel.
- Check with Ubuntu forums for any driver update.