cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Will Not Boot. Windows 10. Standalone.

H85498-101 // GEFC53700D45

This stick is used about 4 times per year to collect data from a weather station and display on a TV. It is not connected to the internet. All of a sudden this message occurs: "A bootable device has not been detected." I have looked through the Configuration menu and all looks OK or I don't understand what is correct.

Since Intel offers no support, and the stick was not very expensive to replace, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Power off, let it sit for a while and then power back on. eMMC should appear then.

H​ope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the suggestion but no change. I assume it's not a hardware issues but going through the configuration menu didn't offer any clues. Is there a test mode? A reset mode for the stick?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm... You can try using the Power Button Menu to reinstall the latest BIOS using the BIOS Recovery process. This is documented here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/computestick/Power-Button-BI...

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/computestick/Recovery-Instru...

Honestly, I am not sure how much this will help. It seems like the eMMC has failed for some unknown reason.

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have been working on this issue for some time, reading all the posts and googling, to no avail. There is no boot device, thus there seems there is nothing that I can do. All of the BIOS suggested changes didn't work. Clearly, Intel has no incentive to help since it's out of warranty and a very inexpensive device. Before I trash the stick I thought that I would try one more time. Maybe there is another member who might have an idea. Like a lot of people I'm very disappointed with Intel to just ignore a very common problem/manufacturing defect. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos