Intel® Compute Stick
Support for Intel® Compute Sticks and Cards
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

518 Discussions

boot method other than power button

Elin66
Beginner

I have an Intel Compute Stick STK2m3W64CC from years ago, recently I opened up and desoldered the power on/off button and wish to solder a bigger button for my project. But after the desoldering process, I can't identify any schematic from it, I have 4 pins that are ground, and one last pin can't be identified (lost? or not even exist?) 

Is there any way other than push the power button can boot my compute stick? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Elin66, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, just to let you know, we actually do not recommend to do that kind of changes on the Intel® Compute Stick STK2m3W64CC since it will avoid the warranty on it as it is always suggested to use it under stock configuration.

However, I will do further research in order to confirm if there is a way that we can help you with your inquiry, please provide the following details:

Are you a developer?

You mentioned, "wish to solder a bigger button for my project", what is the project about?

Is it mainly a hardware or software project?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Elin66, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Elin66, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.