Mistake, eh? You do realize (now) that your mouse and keyboard are connected via USB?
Perform Bios Recovery from Power Button Menu:
You should have keyboard and mouse connected. I have not tested this, but it should work.
- Prepare USB stick fully formatted (not quick formatted) to FAT32. Do not format using a linux or mac.
- Save the .BIO file for your bios on this usb stick.
- insert usb stick into usb slot on Compute Stick (compute stick SHOULD be OFF).
- Press Power Button for 3 seconds. Release before 4 seconds
- The stick should boot to Power Button Menu.
- Press F4 and the recovery should start. BE PATIENT. It can take 30 seconds or more for the messages to appear on screen.
- When finished, press Power Button and hold it until the compute stick switches OFF.
- Remove the power cord.
- Remove the USB stick
- Insert the power cord and press Power Button to switch the compute stick ON.
- Enter Bios by pressing F2 during boot process.
- Press F9, followed by "Y" to set the Bios to default settings.
- Press F10, followed by "Y" to save the settings and exit
- Let the Compute Stick fully reboot.
Thank you for submitting your question on this Intel® Community.
Based on the description of the issue, the troubleshooting performed, and the steps recommended to address this problem, there is little we can do to further assist you. The options available to set BIOS settings back to factory default values require a keyboard.
In this scenario, it is worth mentioning that opening the unit voids the warranty.
If this issue occurred in more than one unit, and you did not open the unit, then our recommendation is that you contact Intel Customer Support in your region. Keep in mind that additional information may be required.
- Intel Customer Support Contact Information for US and Canada
- Intel Customer Support Contact Information for Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Intel Customer Support Contact Information for Asia-Pacific
- Intel Customer Support Contact Information for Latin America
Note: Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool embedded on this Intel® Community.
Intel Customer Support Technician
A Contingent Worker at Intel