Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVele
Beginner

is my new pc stick defected?Is it definitely to be a hardware issue as I suspect?

Hi, please forgive my poor English.

I've bought a no officially labelled Intel Stick Pc from a chinese Ebay vendor and I received the package today. After unpacking the product I soon plugged it to my lcd television via hdmi and to ac wall electic socket and it worked fine. I used it at random for about half an hour then I turned it off to have lunch. After one hour I tested this pc to another lcd tv and it worked fine as usual so I decided to start installing some desktop apps I have on dvds and because of large time laps needed to collect this stuff and copy it to sd card I turned the pc off to avoid it staying idle too long but when I attempted to reboot it my pc has not restarted anymore with blue led always off. Because of default language being English instead of italian I had tested an app named Easy Uefi to change the boot sequence in order to completely reinstall OS and delete unuseful large partitions and I heard it to be a possible boot issue. The ac adapter is fully working, I tested it with a couple of smartphone and tablets of mine and the stick pc doesn't boot even if feeded by a 5 v 2A power bank which worked fine with this morning. Finally, to explain the whole situation, I remember the pc fans were a bit too loudly, making a high-pitched and annoying hiss.

Is it definitely to be a hardware issue as I suspect?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello carlov67,

By any chance, do you have the Intel® Compute stick model number?

Regards,

Ivan.

CVele
Beginner

Hi,

Unfortunately the vendor sent me a no model number pc with no purchase documents attached so I only have the shipping package label. The model I have is pretty similar to STCK1A32WFC having 2 usb ports instead of one. However the vendor said me he is sorry for this and offered to send me a new product to refund.

CVele
Beginner

I meant 2 usb2 ports.

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the Information, being that the case, I suggest you to take the replacement or the refund from the place of purchase.

Even though it is similar to the Intel® STCK1A32WFC we don't know what features could've been changed so your best source of support is the place of purchase.

Best regards,

Ivan.

CVele
Beginner

Hi,

The ebay seller just confermed he is sorry for this and told me he is going to resend me a new pc.

than you

Best regards!

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the information and I'm glad that your unit can be replaced; I hope you can have a better experience with the replacement.

Regards,

Ivan.

CVele
Beginner

Hi you all, i'm back with some updates.

The chinese seller lied to me and, as I suspected, never sent me the replacement even though he promised to do it soon. However, the surprise is that the Stick-pc is not irretrievably broken. The actul issue I'm now experiencing is that it turns on occasionally, there is no way to know when. When it at least does, it works very fine, neither the slightest defect detected. I noticed that, despite it sometimes starts several times in succession, i get the best chance to have it turned on when a certain period of time since the last time it worked has elapsed and I have to reset date and current time. That makes me think at this point that the problem could be some bios defect. However, is it possible do disassemble the case? it seems to be like it is soldered.