cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

ncsdk 2 installation error

Jump to solution

i am installing ncsdk v2 after installing ncsdk v1 and facing this error if you could help me with this thanks in advance:

pip version : 20

Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-2mmjo01w/futures/
You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 20.2 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command.
Makefile:47: recipe for target 'install' failed
make: *** [install] Error 131
Installation failed: Command 'sudo -E -H pip3 install  --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org --trusted-host www.piwheels.org tensorflow==1.11.0' return code=1. Error on line 324 in ./install-utilities.sh.  Will exit

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi owaisali,

OpenVINO™ Toolkit 2020.3 LTS is the latest version supporting the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick (Intel® Movidius™ NCS1).

Regards,

Javier A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Hi owaisali,

Thanks for reaching out.

Is there a reason why you want to install/use the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute SDKv2?

We recommend you to use the OpenVINO™ Toolkit since the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute SDK (version 1 or 2) is no longer being maintained or updated.

Additionally, this article guides you through transitioning from the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute SDK (NCSDK) to the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit.

Regards,

Javier A.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Glad to have your reply

sir i want to use Intel® Movidius™ Neural  stick version 1 and With OpenVINO™ 2020.4 release, Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick is no longer supported.

can you help me out which openvino version to use.

Thanks in advance

owaisali

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi owaisali,

OpenVINO™ Toolkit 2020.3 LTS is the latest version supporting the Intel® Movidius™ Neural Compute Stick (Intel® Movidius™ NCS1).

Regards,

Javier A.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks a lot

regards 

Owais Ali 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi owaisali,

We will be closing this thread since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Javier A.

0 Kudos