Did you mean: 
AMame
Beginner

Сonflict Motherboard Intel DZ68ZV Vs ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB DDR5

Hi to everybody. Decided to upgrade my machine. But had some problems:

Configuration of my computer:

- Windows 7 64

- Intel® Core™ i7-2600

- Power Supply АТХ Chieftec Force 750W (CPS-750S)

- Motherboard Intel DZ68ZV upgrade date 07,12,2018

-Board Altered Assembly Number (AA# ): G41861-301

-Board Serial Number (SN# ): BQZV139000E1

- DDR 3 Team Group 8 gb

- SSD Samsung 850 250gb.

- Graphics card ASUS Radeon RX 580 8GB DDR5 Dual OC (DUAL-RX580-O8G)

During the launch my system is loading to BIOS screen. Then screen is becoming black with 0_ in the right down corner. That's all. Needs to admit that coolers are working fine for 5 sec after launching the machine, then stop.

Previous graphics card (Nvidia Quadro 2000) is working fine.

Also needs to admit that if to switch of all hard drivers , but not the ASUS graphics card, system keeps saying that there is no uploading devices. And the it advises me to go to Intel's website.

Here I am
0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Compatibility issues can occur with modern graphics cards when combined with these older Desktop Boards. There are two specific cases that we can talk about:

• In some cases, the card will not work at all. Wile the cards documentation says it is backwards compatible with the PCIe 2.0 implementation on these boards, it actually requires PCIe 3.0 to operate properly. There is nothing you can do about this if it is the case (well, other than replace this graphics card with one that will truly work with the older PCIe implementation).

• In some cases, the card only includes a BIOS graphics driver (in OPROM) for UEFI. It does not provide a driver to support Legacy BIOS. This problem can be worked around by enabling UEFI in the BIOS, The problem is that the O/S must be installed for UEFI or for Legacy. If you installed it originally for Legacy, you will have to reinstall the O/S for it to work with UEFI.

Unfortunately, if this information doesn't help you, you will have to either upgrade your motherboard (potentially having to upgrade your processor and perhaps memory) or find another graphics card that will work. If you want to do the latter, I recommend that you look for a storefront that will let you try before buying, so that you can identify working card without having to go through purchase and return cycles (I know this is difficult). Unfortunately, because Intel exited the Desktop Boards business, the list of compatible graphics cards has not been maintained for a number of years.

Hope this helps.

...S