cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

0064 BIOS will not install, 0063 BIOS in currently installed

Jump to solution

I am running 0063 BIOS in my DZ77GA-70K and I downloaded and attempted to install the 0064 BIOS revision that was released this month. After the BIOS flash, the message says "successful", but the BIOS is still at the previous 0063 version. I've tried this through Windows 7 and from a thumb drive and the results are the same. I have flashed the BIOS before and have not had a problem. What's going on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RRamo7
New Contributor III

Hi Art Zasadny,

My recommendation on this case is to try the BIOS recovery method.

Download the BIOS version 0064, but this time the bootable file, accessing the following link: Download Center

Then you can find the instructions step by step how to perform the BIOS recovery method at the following link: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS update

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RRamo7
New Contributor III

Hi Art Zasadny,

My recommendation on this case is to try the BIOS recovery method.

Download the BIOS version 0064, but this time the bootable file, accessing the following link: Download Center

Then you can find the instructions step by step how to perform the BIOS recovery method at the following link: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm Desktop Boards — Instructions for Recovery BIOS update

Please let us know if this resolves your problem.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Ruben,

Thank you, that worked! I set the BIOS to default settings, then put the 0064 BIOS version on a flash drive and installed it by selecting F7 when the BIOS screen came up. Version 0064 installed and I rebooted, applied my overclock settings and I'm all set. Thanks again!!