Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MChau2
Beginner

280x Not booting to OS. Post error on screen shows 0_

Hi

I just bought an ASUS r9 280X GPU but facing some problem

When I first boot the system I get the intel splash screen. If I leave the system alone, it goes to a BLACK SCREEN (Not Blank Screen) with a 0_ in the bottom right hand corner . On the actual motherboard, I get 00 on the LED display.

rI have tried to do is Boot to a Bootable USB and/or Bootable DVD

I simply select the USB or DVD. What happens? As soon as I press the enter key on my keyboard, a little 0 pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the monitor. The system does not even attempt to process my command to boot to the media. It's like it is predetermined that it will not boot no matter what I do.

I was told that 00 on the LED means the board is in normal boot state and that there may be a problem with the board. I have no other tricks up my sleeve when it comes to making this board boot. I have removed all unnecessary devices and tried the most basic boot to no luck.

Processor -i7 2600k

Motherboard - DZ68ZV

Graphics Card - ASUS r9 280X DirectCU II TOP

PSU - AX750

GPU have no problem , already rmed brand new card - shopkeeper checked new card in front of me on his system and it boots up fine...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the community.

I would like to better understand the issue you are reporting. It would be very helpful if you could include more detailed information about the problem you are experiencing.

System configuration

* Desktop Board:

* Board Altered Assembly Number (AA# ):

* Board Serial Number (SN# ):

* Previous BIOS:

* Current BIOS:

* Power Supply:

* Processor:

* Memory:

* Operating System:

* HDD:

Thanks

Allan.

MChau2
Beginner

I have posted that , don't know why its not visible but still showing in edit option.

Anyways posting here again...

Hi

I just bought an ASUS r9 280X GPU but facing some problem

When I first boot the system I get the intel splash screen. If I leave the system alone, it goes to a BLACK SCREEN (Not Blank Screen) with a 0_ in the bottom right hand corner . On the actual motherboard, I get 00 on the LED display.

I have tried to do is Boot to a Bootable USB and/or Bootable DVD

I simply select the USB or DVD. What happens? As soon as I press the enter key on my keyboard, a little 0 pops up in the bottom right hand corner of the monitor. The system does not even attempt to process my command to boot to the media. It's like it is predetermined that it will not boot no matter what I do.

I was told that 00 on the LED means the board is in normal boot state and that there may be a problem with the board. I have no other tricks up my sleeve when it comes to making this board boot. I have removed all unnecessary devices and tried the most basic boot to no luck.

GPU have no problem , already rmed brand new card - shopkeeper checked new card in front of me on his system and it boots up fine...

System Details :-

Desktop Board: DZ68ZV

Board Altered Assembly Number (AA# ): G41861-301

Board Serial Number (SN# ): BQZV1390006T

Previous BIOS: Default

Current BIOS: BGP6710J.86A

Power Supply: CORSAIR AX750

Processor: Intel i7-2600k

Memory: Kingston Hyperx 9905403 (432.A00LF,400.A00LF) 4 GB x 2

Operating System: Windows 7 Proffesion 64-bit

SSD: Samsung 840 120 GB

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the information.

I see you are currently using an i7-2600k processor. This processor model comes with onboard video. Have you tried booting the computer with integrated video?

If the machine boots up, this means you probably will need to get an updated BIOS for your computer through BIOS recover method. This will fix any BIOS problem.

File name: BG2209P.BIO

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21687&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%0...

Instructions for BIOS recovery available below:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm

Allan.

MChau2
Beginner

But my motherboard (DZ68ZV) don't have on-board video output.

Yes machine boots up perfectly.

I have old 9500 GT which work perfectly, even using that right now...

I have inserted both card at same time (9500 GT and 280x)

On 9500 GT i get display but on 280x shows only 0_

Thanks for reply.

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information.

If the board is functional with the old video card, I can think about compatibility issue with the new card 280x. You may need to perform video card firmware update or your motherboard BIOS update.

Allan.

MChau2
Beginner

Motherboard BIOS is already up to date.

Its not possible to update graphics card firmware as i am not able to boot it up(let me know if there is anyway) , nor any my friend own a good motherboard so that i can update using their motherboard.

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

That's unfortunate. The only way to get the video card updated will be through a working motherboard. You can also send the board back to Intel for replacement. Please check with Intel customer support for possible warranty options.

http://www.intel.com/chat www.intel.com/chat

Allan.