Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

3 Beeps With Intel DH77EB - Incompatibility with 1600mhz??

Hi,

i purchase a i5 3550, intel DH77EB and a Corsair CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10, with two 8GB memories with 1600Mhz...

i can't do these memories work on the computer. This processor is a 3rd generation one so this should work

When I try to turn on, the 3 beeps sounds. And i know that the memories are work fine on others PC's

I updated the BIOS to the last version, today. I saw something about XMP, about configure it(sry but I'm a totally noob),

but I don't find these anymore in these new BIOS. The strange is that I put, together with these two, another memory,

by Kingston of 4Gb and 1333Mhz, ALL memories, totalizing 20GB, works, so this sounds problem about the compatibility

of the motherboard and the 1600mhz memory.

I search for all the forum but dont find any situation like that

Anyone can help me?

many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Community Manager

I have the same exact problem with the same exact memory with the DZ77BH-55K

Please let me know if you figure anything out

idata
Community Manager

I'm running Corsair Vengence ram, it works fine, to use XMP in memory settings you can select the profile, select XMP.

rjal
New Contributor I

Hi I had the same problem with a dz77BH-55K but using the 32GB dominator kit (4x8GB) fro corsair. I RMA-ed the kit and got a new one. That one works flawlessly. I'm runing them at 1600Mhz using the xmp profile.

Robert.

idata
Community Manager

before you RMA-ed the kit, did you try to use the individual modules? Did any of them not work individually?

rjal
New Contributor I

yes i did. single dimm, tried each one individually, two dimms in single channel and dual channel mode. Nothing worked at xmp1600. then i bought a couple of white label dimms that worked at 1600mhz natively (so no xmp profile) 2x4GB and those also worked without problems.

i had a very long discussion with corsair before they RMA-ed. (The kit I have should work on a Z77 according to Intel, they tested it on a gigabyte Z77 board.) eventually corsair gave me the RMA. after inserting the new modules it has worked at xmp1600 without problems.

i was surprised myself since I expected this to be some problem with the bios...

idata
Community Manager

the motherboard has this configuration:

channel A - DIMM 3 - black

DIMM 1 - blue

channel B - DIMM 4 - black

DIMM 2 - blue

the ONLY configuration that I've been able to get working is one stick (either stick works) in DIMM 1

DIMM 1 + 2 doesn't work

DIMM 2 doesn't work (one stick)

DIMM 3 + 4 doesn't work

DIMM 3 doesn't work (one stick)

DIMM 3 + 1 doesn't work

Corsair support told me that since I can't run one module in DIMM 3 that means there's a problem with the motherboard or the integrated memory controller in CPU.

Is this true? Should I be able to run one module in DIMM 3?

rjal
New Contributor I

I'm not sure if single channel mode in slot 3 works. i think when using single dimm single channel you always need to use channel A, dimm0. (so dimm1 in your case)

SDatt3
Beginner

i have a problem....i recently bought a pc...

intel DH77EB board,

i3 3rd gen processor,

1 tb hard disk

8gb ram, 1600 DDR3

600 wtt PSU

asus GTR 640 - 2gb graphics

after attaching with monitor (AVI type), when i pressed power key, screen turned black, no intel had displayed...

What are the steps i have to follow to recover this problems.....

TDip
Beginner

Claudio,

You need to use matched memory kits (so that all RAM STICKS are in sync). I learnt this the hard way when I first built a new computer. So, you cannot mix KINGSTON with CORSAIR even though it may look like they have the same timings on the box (and should work in theory). In reality, the timings might be a bit different on one of the RAM modules which can cause the computer not to boot.

For example, I wanted 32G of RAM on my Intel PC overclocked to 1600MHz (XMP). So, I first bought 2 sets of CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16G packs (so 4 sticks in total = [8G x 8G] + [8G x 8G]). However, this did not work so I had to buy 1 matched 32G set (that included all 4 sticks together presumably made from same batch) - [8G x 8G x 8G x 8G] - Corsair XMS CMX32GX3M4A1600C11 (which is inferior to CORSAIR VENGEANCE).

After that, I then tried to overclock further to 1833MHz by increasing voltage to ~ 1.6V and relaxing CAS/RAS timings from 9 to 11. This did not work on a 32G config so I went back to 1600MHz. Keep in mind that the amount of RAM affects the overclocking as well so it is often easier to overclock 16G of RAM in terms of reaching higher speeds (e.g., 1833MHz) versus 32G. In my case, I want 32G of RAM so it's all about finding the highest speed for this amount.

If anyone has been able to overclock 32G of Corsair RAM on a z77 board at 1833MHz, then please reply and share your settings and methodology.

Hope this helps.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

FYI,

Intel doesn't recommend over clocking on any of the internal components (memory, video or CPU) and there is no warranty support for that practice.

It is required to use the correct memory type when using our processors otherwise the warranty won't cover the product.

Regards.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Claudio,

Please let me know which BIOS version do you have install on your system, since BIOS version 0096 fixed some issues related to memory, so you may want to try a BIOS update: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22024&ProdId=3437&lang=eng&OSVersion...

Regards.

TDip
Beginner

Sylvia,

Most folks that buy top-end boards and processors are enthusiasts (e.g., "K" or Extreme series). This typically means that we'll try over-clocking at some point. I understand your warning regarding the warranty, but there is not much point in us paying up to buy this gear if we're not interested in over-clocking. Therefore, the Intel gear should consistently hit the tested/rated specs provided by Intel, itself, for RAM XMP (OC) profiles:

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/gaming-computers/core-i7-memory-suppliers-datashe... https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/gaming-computers/core-i7-memory-suppliers-datashe...

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dh77eb/sb/CS-033193.htm?wapkw=dh77eb http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dh77eb/sb/CS-033193.htm?wapkw=dh77eb

Let's keep in mind that desktop sales have been decreasing for several quarters/years for both Intel and Apple due to the shift towards mobile computing. So, in a sense, enthusiasts are your most dedicated customers and are often willing to pay up for the latest hardware. This should be kept in mind.

P.S. - Claudio the tested memory configs in the links above do not mean you cannot get other configs to work, but it takes a lot of testing and can be tricky (e.g., you might be able to get rated memory to run higher than its specs)...

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

TDip, Even though Intel makes unlocked and Extreme Series processors that are strong enough to handle higher memory speeds, we just don't recommended.

Regards.