Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

3 beeps on DH55HC MOTHERBOARD

my new intel mobo DH55HC is giving 3 beeps and not displaying anything...

i have installed core i5 760 , 2 gb ddr3 ram , ati radeon 5750 on it... and still the issue goes on when i changed the ram stick , as well as another DH55HC motherboard and another ram module too..

i have googled it and the search told me that i have to reset the bios of the new board by taking out the battery for few minutes and then placing it back on and also a JUMPER for CMOS.

can anyone help me regarding all this ? i have also checked the board / processor compatibility on intel seite.and they are 100% compatible with each other.

am waiting for more suggestions. plz
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: 3 beeps on DH55HC MOTHERBOARD

I have exact the same problem, my botherboard keeps giving that sound,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

have you tried to install a graphic card ? cuz this board requires an extrenal graphic card , if you dont have a processor with ITNEGRATED GARPHICS.

and also have you sorted out a solution yet ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

can anyone help me on this ? am in a hurry/....

Highlighted
Community Manager

I don't get the solution yet. I started a discussion like you. But i don't have any responses. I tried everything on my board i think it's defect i installed a video card, tried to pull out the battery, switch the ram modules, i tried to clean the socked and the slots from the motherboard but nothing helped me yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi,

Three beeps indicates memory. What are teh memory models you have tested? Remember it could also be teh CPU that is faulty as that is where the memory controller is. So if oyu have tested 2 mothebroards and more than one set of RAM (assuming they are within spec) then i would be look towards the CPU, possibly at the PSU, if it was low enough not to be able to power the system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Can you get into the BIOS at all ?? If so check the volts for your Ram and make sure the volts are right for the Ram you are using . 3 beeps normaly means Ram not working , Some of the new intel BIOS are'nt setting the SPD Specs right , IE it would set volts at 1.9 insteed off 1.5 . and that will give you 3 beeps.

Highlighted
Community Manager

We can't get into the bios, because you don't get a screen to watch.

0 Kudos