Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
11381 Discussions

3rd gen motherboard

Xided
Novice
Whats the cheapest motherboard that can support 3rd gen cpu i just brought a i5 3570k and it wont work with my board because its 2nd gen
0 Kudos
14 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Check out the MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, etc. sites to check what boards still produced and then find local store to purchase. I see lots of boards available through Amazon and NewEgg here in the U.S.. You can find lots of newer and used boards on ALI and Ebay as well.

...S

Xided
Novice
Im in the uk and the closest store to me is 20 miles away im just asking what ones are cheap cus i only get £10 a month
n_scott_pearson

I can't even begin to talk about pricing in the UK. I just don't know the market.

I do know that you have Amazon and Newegg presence there, so go online and look at their prices.

...S

Xided
Novice
No it cost £100 on there and im not rich
n_scott_pearson

I am seeing B75 boards for as low as £53. You aren't going to do any better than this.

...S

Xided
Novice
Well i found one for £40 and it needed a bios update for it to work with my cpu and the website for the bios updates have been taken down so now i wasted £40
n_scott_pearson
Normally, if you need a certain BIOS in order to use a processor, you need a generation older processor in order to install the required BIOS.
Who is board manufacturer?
What is board id?
What is BIOS version information?
...S
Xided
Novice
Foxconn h61m-v i cant get download files anywhere cus its been taken down
AlHill
Super User

"Foxconn h61m-v i cant get download files anywhere cus its been taken down"

You need to go to ASROCK for files for their boards, not Intel.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson

Typo; Al means go to Foxconn, not ASROCK.

...S

Xided
Novice

its impossible to go to foxconn they took down there website ages ago

AlHill
Super User

asrock has boards that are pretty close...

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

Xided
Novice

ok anyway my intel dh61ww just came now i need step by step help on how to update the bios to the newest so anyone got discord or instagram that can help???

n_scott_pearson

What BIOS does it have? What processor(s) do you have?

...S