Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWook
Beginner

6gb installed, only 2.93gb recognized by system (dh55tc motherboard)

as long as i just tried everything to solve this random problem, i'm here asking about a soluton through the BIOS of my motherboard. I have 6 gb of ram installed (2x2gb and 2x1gb, BIOS checks them if you enter), but when windows shows up, the system window says i have 6gb ram, but only 2'93gb are usable for me. I don't know why this happened, and i tried everything i saw through windows, so i thought it could be a BIOS issue. If someone can help me, i'd be really grateful, because my pc is really slow now and has many freezes by just having 2-3 firefox tabs open, becuase i have like 60% ram usage on idle and 90%-98% just by opening firefox.

Thank you to anyone that comes to help

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What OS? 32 or 64-bit? If 32-bit, all is fine (probably).

What bios rev?

Doc

SWook
Beginner

OS is 64-bits, i don't what bios version i have, i check it out and i tell you

AlHill
Super User

What OS?

Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (using the paperclip under the toolbar).

Doc

SWook
Beginner

i have windows 10 pro, build 1909, i attach the info you asked (it will probably in spanish as i am from Spain and my pc is configured in spanish language, i hope it won't be a problem)

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Wait a minute, the DIMMs in a channel need to be the same. You should have the 2GB DIMMs in CHANNEL A and the 1GB DIMMs in CHANNEL B.

Hope this helps,

...S

Виван10
Beginner

your mobo is pretty old. 1) Try update your bios or/and load default settings in bios. 2) In chipset or memory settings there must be an option Memory remap enabled. At least in Asus mobo they have such an option. 3) reinstall your windows 10-64 as clean install.