Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZKaku
Novice

82574L NIC on DZ77GA-70K failing repeatedly

My brand new mainboard with the latest BIOS (060) and Win7 x64 OS, fresh install and latest drivers, the ethernet controller on this board fails randomly (~ 1/day). When this happens the network connector appears as disconnected, and nothing will help to restore the connection, you have to either:

• restart your computer, but sometimes it hangs during shutdown, and you have to reset,
  • reset your mainboard.

Disabling and re-enabling the connection will not working either, the disable command will hang indefinitely.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

I have only first NIC (82579V) enabled in firmware settings and never had any problems.

Try disabling second NIC (82574L).

ZKaku
Novice

I'm testing the 2nd NIC atm (both enabled in BIOS), will get back here with the results. I wanna use both NICs, guess we need to wait for a fix from Intel. Thanks for the tip though.

ZKaku
Novice

Yeah as in my first post I was stating that the problem occurs on the 82574L port, not on the 82579V.

YSmir
Beginner

confirm

kakci wrote:

Yeah as in my first post I was stating that the problem occurs on the 82574L port, not on the 82579V.

--

dz77ga-70k / i7-3770k / msi gtx670 o.c. / 8gb crucial 1600 888-24/ hdd wd raptor 4500hlhx
ZKaku
Novice

I can confirm that the issue described in my first post does not occur on the 2nd internal NIC (82579V) when both of the ports are enabled in the BIOS. So it looks like only the 82574L port is affected by this problem.