Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LMarr1
Beginner

Any drivers for chipset H55M?

I have an Asus P7H55M motherboard that appears to be up the Swanny. One suggestion I found was t renew the BIOS (which I did) and the chipset drivers. I use W10. Any idea if W10 is supported and how I could get hold of the drivers?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Intel is not supporting Windows 10 on this hardware. No Windows 10 drivers are being made available. Now, Windows 10 will still run, but only using the Microsoft Compatibility drivers. If you see any issues when using these drivers, you need to contact Microsoft - but I have been told they are ignoring these complaints.

Sorry,

...S

LMarr1
Beginner

Hi. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

I reinstalled the windows 7 drivers from intel (in case they were corrupted) but to no great effect. W10 has been working for me the last year and a half only giving me problems with the usb ports. Shame W10 didn't tell me my system was incompatable when badgering me to upgrade from W7.

Looks like heading back to reinstall windows 7 until I can get together a new motherboard, processor (try getting a mobo for 1156 sockets), memory and OS!

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

LOL! Back then, the folks at Microsoft were too fixated on the extra bonus that they would receive if they got to a billion installs. They still haven't made it to that goal, despite all their shenanigans...

...S